Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A Walk in the Park - Acrylic on Canvas - 24 x 30 - Huge Center Piece Wall Art

The following works in progress are part of my continuing experimentation with palette knife paintings. They are all in various stages of completion and I'll post updates as the work progresses. These studies are inspired by contemporary Master painters as well as old impressionist Masters like Monet,Van Gogh & others who paved the way for wanna be impressionist like me. I heard it once said if you want to learn something well, try learning from the best! This is what I'm trying to do here. This blog started as a way of documenting & sharing my journey as an artist with others, An attempt on my part to learn a new skill set while at the same time benefiting from the therapy it provides. As previously stated Art as a healing medium both spiritual, psychological & emotional has been well documented...it has proven for me to be a God send. I know practically no one reads this blog and I have very few followers, but that doesn't really matter. I know I will always be a perpetual student of the arts, I will probably never have "arrived or made it." I started much too late to hope for anything more than that. But one thing I know for sure, if it wasn't for God & Art...I'd probably be dead by now. This painting is now completed & currently on exhibit at Memorial Hospital Rebel's Center Gallery and is available for sale. It is prominently displayed as you enter the lobby area. I'm humbled & flattered they chose such a nice location for this painting. Price: $375.00. Shipping UPS $40.00

No comments: